Swab Today > Result Tomorrow
Next Day COVID 19 Lab Run PCR Tests
For Travelers we provide these documents:
Test report copy listing "non detected" results as "negative" (required at SFO)
Physician letter acknowledging the negative result (required for check-in for some flights -yes, really!)
California State CLIA lab certification letter copy (may be required)
For international travel check-in, passport details are required to be listed on your test results. With our test you have the option to list this information too.
The rules for flight check-in and country entry requirements are constantly changing, so we recommend that you print and carry all of these documents to maximize your chance of travel success.
If you are considering getting a rapid PCR test, check with your airline and destination country first to see if it is accepted. Many travelers have been denied check-in when presenting rapid PCR test results.
How to request COVID 19 PCR testing using our service
When you call us, we are happy to answer any questions that you may have to help you determine your best testing options.
If you then wish to use our service, we'll need your name and contact details, along with credit card details. Your card will not be charged until the day prior to testing.
Once confirmed that you wish to schedule our service, we'll provide you with a secure link to set up your lab portal account for choosing your appointment time, and fast lab result and document access. When test results become available, you'll be automatically notified by text and email. You can then go to the lab portal to review and download your test result documents. A physician letter will be securely emailed to you separately.
An emailed invoice will be provided, coded for your health insurance upon request.
For most travelers, we recommend to swab 2 days prior to departure to allow ample time for results, just in case. For travelers needing test results next day, please call us to discuss options.
We Come to You
COVID 19 screening for work, school, meeting or air travel purposes.
- Includes in home, hotel, or workplace specimen collection and transport to lab, test & test processing, physician order and oversight. Physician helps determine best test timing for travelers, when needed.
- We maintain a close collaboration with the lab to ensure free flow of information for our patients.
- Rapid Response & Same Day Appointments
- Results Next Day, usually by 7am, often sooner
We Come to You - Group Discounts
Has someone just tested positive in your group, company or workplace, who potentially exposed others?
Do you need fast & accurate testing of your employees, coworkers or other group?
We offer same day response for large group nasal swab test collections at your location with results available next day.
You Come to Us
- We have drive or walk through test stations available in Oakland near Children's Hospital.
- Overnight results.
- Travel documents, including physician letter, included.
January 11-15, 2021
- Oakland 9:00am-4:00pm
January 16-18, 2021
- Lab is Closed
January 19-22, 2021
- Oakland 9:00am-5:00pm
Our COVID 19 PCR Test Options
We use a lab run PCR test that results next day (often same day - late evening)
qRT-SARS-CoV2 RNA PCR
Used to screen for active infection
This is the test required for most air travel
Throat or nose swab. We prefer anterior nares swab which is most comfortable for you, yet still very accurate. No deep dives!
For people with or without COVID symptoms
Reported to be 98.3% sensitive
Reported to be 100% specific, using reprocessing of all initial positive results with the CDC PCR test.
This test meets the following air travel & country entry requirements:
It is an "NAAT" = nucleic acid amplification test
It is a "DNA test" (amplified DNA)
It is a "cycled test"
It has been called all of the following: PCR, RT-PCR, qRT and qPCR viral nucleic acid detection assay.
Basically, it is a qRT-SARS-Cov-2 DNA amplified PCR test
When the virus is not detected, result is reported as "negative", which is required for travel, in many cases.
We also have access to a CDC PCR test
In lab by 9am weekdays, results by ~5pm
This is a more complex test that is considered the most accurate test used for detection of SARS CoV2.
It may be used for travel and meets the travel requirements listed above.
Nasal swab specimens must be submitted to the lab by 9am weekdays only.
Accula Rapid SARS CoV2 nucleic acid amplification test
- 30 minute results.
- This is an EUA test.
- It was designed as a rapid test that minimizes false positive results.
- It is less sensitive than lab processed PCR tests, but may be useful for symptomatic patients in certain situations.
- Call us to learn how this test can help you.
- Learn more about this rapid PCR test at MesaBIOTECH
Important Testing Notes:
- A "not detected" or negative test result does not guarantee no SARS-CoV-2 infection, and should not be used as the sole basis for medical and other decision making.
- Please wear a mask & socially distance even if you test PCR negative.
- Information about SARS-CoV-2 is constantly changing. We will try to keep this site up to date, but cannot guarantee accuracy.