We Bring COVID 19 PCR Lab Testing To You!
Easy Tests. Rapid Results. Great For Travelers
We are now offering rapid mobile coronavirus (COVID 19) PCR lab testing house call service throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. Laboratory staff (phlebotomists) come to your home or workplace. Large group on-site testing is available.
PCR COVID 19 virus test results available in 1 day!
This is the COVID PCR test required for international travel.
Upon request of our service, we are happy to explain the test and how to best schedule COVID 19 PCR swab collection before your flight so that results are available for your flight check-in. We then schedule the home visit appointment based upon your preference. Lab samples are collected by a certified mobile lab phlebotomist wearing PPE. Specimens are then taken to the lab for processing. Dr John Horning will then provide you with your test result(s), offer medical recommendations as needed, and answer any questions that you may have.
This COVID 19 PCR test meets the following requirements:
It is an "NAAT" = nucleic acid amplification test
It is a "DNA test" (amplified DNA)
It has "EUA", which means it has Emergency Use Authorization by the FDA
It has been called all of the following: PCR, RT-PCR, qRT and qPCR viral nucleic acid detection assay.
Basically, it is a qRT-SARS-Cov-2 DNA amplified PCR test
Results on the lab report are reported as "detect" or "not detected"
However, for travelers-no worries! Our physician provides you with a letter stating that the test results are "NEGATIVE", which is required by some airlines at check-in.
Also, for travelers, your name, birthdate and passport number will be listed on the test result report, as required, with your permission, of course.
During weekdays, if collection is done early, and results submitted to the lab by 12pm, results are usually available by mid-late afternoon, same day.
COVID 19 PCR Virus Test
Results available in 1 day!
Used to screen for ACTIVE infection.
1) qRT-SARS-CoV2 RNA PCR
- Checks for active infection
- Throat or nose swab.
- For people with or without COVID symptoms
- Reported 98.3% sensitive
- Reported nearly 100% specific (rare false positives are retested using a reflex CDC confirmatory test).
Important Testing Notes:
- For patients with prior symptoms thought to be due to COVID 19, antibody tests are most useful when done at least 14 days after infection onset.
- A positive SARS-CoV-2 antibody test result currently is not known to guarantee patient immunity to reinfection with SARS-CoV-2.
- All positive test results are conveyed to your county health department for contact tracing, as required by law.
- A "not detected" or negative test result does not guarantee no SARS-CoV-2 infection, and should not be used as the sole basis for medical and other decision making.
- Information about SARS-CoV-2 is constantly changing. We will try to keep this site up to date, but cannot guarantee accuracy.
- ***While lab turnaround test result times have been good and reliable so far, this could change at any time depending upon test demand and unforeseeable events, so we cannot guarantee on time result availability. For travelers requiring negative test results available within 72 hours of flight departure we highly recommend that you purchase trip cancellation travel insurance.
COVID-19 Testing Fees
Asymptomatic screening - $550 per person
- For work, school or travel purposes.
- Includes in home specimen collection, transport specimen to lab, lab test processing, physician ordering and result delivery per patient.
- Discounted rates are available for large volume screening. Please call for more info 415-680-4153
Symptomatic patient physician evaluation & COVID testing -$650 per patient
- For patients with symptoms potentially due to COVID 19
- Includes in-home lab collection, return to lab and lab processing, and our physician provides online or phone telemedicine care for patient. May include medication prescriptions. Includes COVID care recommendations for positive test results. This service may be insurance reimbursable (please check with your insurer before requesting service)
Weekend or after-hours service (6p-6a) - add $200
Same-day (STAT) service - add $200
*Requests for after-hours or night time service are taken daily until 9:00pm
*Rarely, test results may be "inconclusive" and then rerun with a confirmatory test. In these cases, the delayed availability of lab results are due to the patient potential low viral load, so any same day/STAT collection fees are not refunded.
Addtional information about our fees:
- Our services are payable by credit card upon request of service.
- 50% refund for mobile services if cancelled within 24 hours of appointment.
- $200 is charged if doctor is consulted by patient prior to service cancellation.
- We provide you with a coded invoice for your insurance or for tax purposes.
Request a Visit