COVID 19 RT PCR Tests for Travel - Same Day Results
Our Test Collection Service Options
We Come to You - Anywhere! - SF Bay Area
- Includes in home, hotel, or workplace specimen collection and transport to lab, test & test processing, physician order and oversight. Physician helps determine best test timing for travelers, when needed.
- We maintain a close collaboration with the lab to ensure free flow of information for our patients.
- This service is available 7 days a week, but may occasionally be limited by staff availability. Advance scheduling recommended.
- Call us for quote which will depend upon timing, location and # and type of tests
You Come to Us
OAKLAND, near Children's Hospital
- Mon-Sun 10:00am-5:00pm
- walk thru or drive thru
- Lab run RT PCR tests - Same day results
SAN FRANCISCO - Mission District
- M-W-F 10:00am-3:00pm
- walk thru, park nearby
- Lab run RT PCR Tests - Same day results
SAN BRUNO near SFO Int'l Airport
- Mon thru Fri 9:00am-4:00pm
- drive thru/walk thru
- Same Day RT PCR & Antigen tests
COVID 19 Tests Options
Our Lab Processed PCR test
- qRT-SARS-CoV2 RNA PCR or RT PCR
- This is the test required for most air travel
- This is an EUA test (Emergency Use Authorizaton by the FDA)
- Test specimen may be via nasal, oropharyngeal, nasopharyngeal swab or saliva collection - your choice. The default test collection method is nasal swab. Please let us know when booking your appointment which collection method you need. Some international destinations may require specific collection types.
This test meets the following air travel & country entry requirements:
It is a "DNA test" (amplified DNA)
It is a "cycled test".
It has been called all of the following: PCR, RT-PCR, qRT and qPCR viral nucleic acid detection assay and it is also a "molecular test".
Basically, it is a qRT-SARS-Cov-2 DNA amplified PCR test
When the virus is not detected, the result is reported as "negative", which is required for most international travel.
Negative test results are available same day in the evening. Positive results are available next morning due to confirmation reprocessing.
The test report document includes a QR code as required by some airlines and travel destinations.
MesaBiotech Accula - SARS-CoV2 RT PCR
- Same day results within a couple of hours.
- May be used for travel to many destinations.
- This is an EUA test.
Abbott BinaxNow - Antigen Test
- on-site screening - Results and travel paperwork ready in 1-2 hours.
- May be used for travel to some destinations, including Switzerland (as of 01/18/2022).
Important Testing Notes:
- A "not detected" or negative test result does not guarantee no SARS-CoV-2 infection, and should not be used as the sole basis for medical and other decision making.
- Information about SARS-CoV-2 is constantly changing. We will try to keep this site up to date, but cannot guarantee accuracy.
For Travelers we provide these documents:
Test report copy listing "non detected" results as "negative" (required at airport check-in).
Physician letter acknowledging the negative result (required for check-in for some flights).
California State CLIA lab certification letter copy.
For international flight check-in, passport details are listed on your test results.
The rules for flight check-in and country entry requirements are constantly changing, so we recommend that you print and carry all of these documents to maximize your chance of travel success.
How to request COVID 19 PCR testing using our service
When you call us, we are happy to answer any questions that you may have to help you determine your best testing strategy. If you are unsure of which test and collection method you need, please ask us and our doctor will assist you.
If you then wish to use our service, we'll need your name and contact info, along with credit card details. Your card will not be charged until the day prior to testing.
Once confirmed that you wish to schedule our service, we'll provide you with a secure link to set up your lab portal account for choosing your appointment time. This account allows for instant lab result and document access once available. When test results become available, you'll be automatically notified by text and email. You can then go to the lab portal to review and download your test result documents. A physician letter, sometimes needed for flight check-in, will be provided too.
- For most travelers, we recommend test collection 2 days prior to departure to allow ample time for results, just in case results are inconclusive which happens very rarely. For those needing stat test results, please call us to discuss options.
We offer nasal, nasopharyngeal and oropharyngeal swab collection and saliva collection options too. For saliva collection, please do not eat, drink (including water), or smoke/vape at least 30 minutes before the speciment collection. Please check with your airline or travel destination country to see if a specific collection method is required.
- If a specific collection method is needed, please let us know when booking your appointment. Test specimen collectors are not aware of specific country test requirements, so please ask us to help you determine this beforehand, if needed.